Teijin Automotive Technologies is a world leader in lightweight, composite materials formulation, advanced product design and manufacturing technologies.
At a glance
- More than 100 years’ experience in the industry
- 29 facilities on three continents
- 5,400 employees globally
- Nearly 1 billion in Sales; expected to reach $2 billion by 2030
- Innovation leader with numerous patents for materials, processes and products
- Acquired by Teijin in 2017
- We compound our own composite materials, then ship to our plants where it is molded into components for customers in the automotive, marine, heavy truck and industrial markets.
- Teijin Automotive Technologies’ global manufacturing and compounding footprint enables us to supply consistent materials and components to customers across North America, Europe and Asia – a capability no other supplier can provide.
- Our proprietary thermoset and thermoplastic formulations include:
- TCA Ultra Lite®, a 1.2 specific-gravity, Class A body panel material that meets OEM standards for surface quality and can withstand E-coat oven conditions.
- Structural Ultra Lite™ material is 60 percent lighter than steel, and won’t dent, rust or corrode like a metal will. This material is ideal for structural applications, including pickup truck boxes and EV battery cases and covers.
- Sereebo®, a carbon fiber, nylon thermoplastic material that is fully recyclable.
- EV Battery Enclosure formulations that address flame retardancy, thermal runaway.
- Other formulations that address customer needs for UV resistance, scratch resistance and NVH reduction.
- Teijin Automotive Technologies has facilities in Indiana, Louisiana, Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio and Texas in North America; Czech Republic, France, Germany and Portugal in Europe; and China and Japan in Asia-Pacific.
Teijin Automotive Technologies has been a design responsible, full!service supplier for more than 25 years; product design data is released directly into several of our customers’ systems.
- Our overall systems approach (CAE design optimization, raw material selection, molding process, bonding and prime/paint) results in the design and manufacturing of the highest quality composite parts in the marketplace.
- Teijin Automotive Technologies offers industry!leading in!house research and development:
- High-tech capabilities include FTIR/Infrared Spectroscopy, EDS/Energy Dispersive, X!ray Spectroscopy, Optical and Scanning Electron Microscopy
Products and Applications
We serve the transportation, marine and industrial markets with a portfolio of thermoset and thermoplastic components that include:
- Class A body panels
- Pickup boxes and other structural components
- EV battery cases and covers
- Underbody components
- Outboard motor engine covers and cowls
- HVAC base pans; building construction and industrial components